Theodore FellenbaumMD, FACOG, ASCCP
OB/GYN specializing in Pelvic Pain and Vulvar Disease
Patients often refer to Dr. Theodore Fellenbaum as a close friend instead of their doctor. In Genesee County he is one of the most experienced obstetricians and gynecologists who often takes care of other OB/GYNs. Dr. Fellenbaum was a professional classical singer and now is also a popular hip hop artist – not kidding. As the Director of the Metropolitan Opera National Auditions he raises money and awareness to not only young adults interested in going further in the art of Classical singing but also to underprivileged children who may never have been exposed to the art. When Dr. Fellenbaum isn't taking care of his patients, which is next to never, he is at home gardening or teaching the next generation of medical Residents.
Dr. Fellenbaum is one of the very few doctors who has passed boards in not just one medical discipline but two – Family Practice and Obstetrics and Gynecology. He's been licensed in South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia as well as Guam. Dr. Theodore Fellenbaum spent the majority of his early medical career in the Navy. He was stationed in Pensacola, Florida at the Naval Aerospace and Regional Medical Center. The practice of Medicine in the military is much more strict and boundless than it is in a hospital where most physicians complete their residencies. Dr. Fellenbaum has done over 50 deliveries during Christmas and gone from lecture to Intensive Care Unit within minutes.
Most of Dr. Theodore Fellenbaum's research has been using state of the art technology to tackle issues such as Cervical Dysplasia and Vulvodynia. In the Navy he has a staff physician and professor in both Family Practice and OB/GYN. While in the Navy Dr. Fellenbaum also held the position of OB/GYN Department Chair. When he first came to Michigan he was a physician and researcher at the prestigious Reid Institute in Detroit before coming to Flint. In Flint he joined the OB/GYN Diagnostic Center before joining Genesys OB/GYN Associates. Just before opening his own practice to better serve the Genesee Community he was an OB/GYN physician at Women's Integrated Health in Grand Blanc.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Vulvar Disease
- Pelvic Pain
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- Robotic Surgery using the Da Vinci Robot
- Medical Director
Naval Aerospace and Regional Medical Center
- Residency in Family Practice
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship in Laser Technology for the treatment of Cervical Dysplasia and Vulvodynia
• Naval Achievement Medal, U.S. Navy, 1982
• Best Clinical Instructor Award, Charleston Naval Hospital, 1988
• Naval Commendation Medal, U.S. Navy, 1990
• Letters of Commendation, U.S. Navy, 1990
• Dr. Stanley C. Marinoff Vulvodynia Career Development Award, Creating a Community based Multidisciplinary Vulvodynia and Vulvar Disease Center, 2005
• Associate Professor at OB/GYN Michigan State University, OB/GYN Michigan State University, 1991 – 2011 (20 years) East Lansing
• Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, E. Carolina University Med School, 1980 – 1983 (3 years) Greenville, NC
• Mast cell function and role in evolution of Vestibulodynia.
• Methods of prevention; preliminary and secondary approaches.
• Botox and its use in pelvic floor dysfunction; optimal route of administration
• INTER-STIM use in the treatment of Refractory Vulvodynia.
• Arterial Blood Gases I/II, Monograph of American Academy of Family Practice
• Ectopic Pregnancy after Tubal Ligation: What to Ask. What to Look For?, Presented at OB/GYN Armed Forces Seminar; Las Vegas, NV 1983
• Antenatal Diagnosis of the Caudal Regression Anomalad in Diabetic Pregnancy, Published IDMS Sept/Oct issue 1988
• Bowel Involvement in Gynecological Oncology Surgery, Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Gynecological Surgery; March 1997
• National Vulvodynia Association
• American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
• National Counselor for North American Chapter International Society for the Study of Vulvovagional Disease
• International Pelvic Pain Society
• International Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Medical Group Management Association Member
• Metropolitan Opera National Council
• Co-Director of Auditions in Michigan District